More bug fixes, improvements, and even a few new features.
RangeFinderSensorwhich calculates the distance from the sensor to the first collision in the environment. The sensor can send out multiple rays in a circle if desired.
Holodeck now requires Python >= 3.5 (#389)
send_world_command()for an environment without the given command will now cause the environment to exit rather than fail silently. This includes all relevant methods in the
Removed the ability to toggle sensors during runtime with the removal of
set_sensor_enable(). To specify which sensors to include, use Custom Scenario Configurations. (#268)
- Tests can now be run inside of Docker containers
- All images are based on Ubuntu 18.04 now
- Added image for Dexterity package, and an image with every package
Every control scheme now has limits on inputs (ie maximum or minimum thrust) (#369)
- Fixed UAV blades rotating incorrectly (thanks @sethmnielsen!) (#331)
- Fixed some
posix_ipc.BusyError: Semaphore is busyerrors on Linux systems when creating a scenario (#285)
- Fixed a bug where the UE4 editor crashes when an agent is manually added to a level (#361)
- Fixed crash when manually disabling viewport when it would’ve been disabled anyway. (#378)
- Fixed SphereAgent having the incorrect default control scheme (#350)
This is a content release focused on improving the AndroidAgent and adding more scenarios and tasks for it. We also added a new floating hand agent to provide a simpler agent that can do many of the dexterity tasks.
- Added the dexterity-package with new worlds and scenarios:
- Added the HandAgent - a simplified Android hand that can float around (#287)
- Added new tasks sensors for specific worlds
- Packages can be installed directly from a URL
- Agent sensors can now be rotated at run time with
- The config files can now specify whether an agent should be spawned (#303)
hnow shows the coordinates of the agent the viewport is following or the coordinates of the camera if it is detached (see Hotkeys). (#253)
- The viewport now follows the main agent as specified in the config file by default. (#238)
- You can now specify the number of ticks you want to occur in the
Increased the AndroidAgent’s strength in the
- Previously the AndroidAgent didn’t have enough strength to even move its legs.
- Strength was approximately doubled (See JointMaxTorqueControlScheme.h )
Location sensor now returns the location of the sensor, not just the agent (#306)
Updated to Unreal Engine 4.22 (#241)
teleport()methods from the
Viewport will now follow the main agent by default. (#238)
- Fixed the
- This sensor returns the location of bones, not sensors. Since there are more bones than joints, previously it returned them in a completely different order than expected.
- Now the order for this sensor is explicitly specified in AndroidAgent Bones and HandAgent Bones.
- Previously on the first tick it would return uninitialized garbage on the first tick
- Fixed being unable to spawn the TurtleAgent. (#308)
- Fixed the
- Fixed agent spawn rotations being in the incorrect order. Fixed the documentation that specified the incorrect order as well (Rotations) (#309)
- Fixed being unable to set the ticks per capture of a camera if it was not
- Fixed being unable to make a Holodeck window larger than the current screen resolution (#301)
- Fixed being unable to configure
This is mostly a maintenance release focused on cleaning up bugs that were
- When freecamming around, pressing shift moves the camera faster. (#99)
- Agents can have a rotation specified in the scenario config files (#209)
- Custom scenarios can be made with dictionaries as well as
jsonfiles. See Custom Scenario Configurations (#275)
- Documented how to improve Holodeck performance. See Improving Holodeck Performance (#109)
- Fixed command buffer not being reset after calling
- Fixed rain not being very visible on Linux (#235)
- Fixed teleport command not working on the Android (#209)
- Fixed RGBCamera intermittently returning a matrix of zeros after resetting (#271)
EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATIONon Windows after creating an environment (#270)
- Fixed MazeWorld-FinishMazeSphere task not going terminal when task
- Added a post with a golden ball on top to the end of the maze, this is now the tasks’s target
This release of Holodeck is focused on polishing existing features and allowing worlds to be customized more.
This summer we are planning on adding much more content (worlds, agents, etc).
- Added Scenarios to allow worlds to be more flexible and customizable
- Documentation has been greatly expanded
- Added expanded teleport functionality (#128)
- Add ticks per capture command for RGB Camera (#127)
- Add option to run headless on Linux
- Add ability to adjust rendering options
- Add environment flag that allows state to be returned as copied object instead of reference (#151)
- Packages are not hard-coded on server, binaries are saved in version-specific folder to prevent crosstalk (#188)
- Sensors can be disabled to improve performance (#152)
- Add the ability to draw points, lines, arrows and boxes in the worlds (#144)
- Added new tasks for use with scenarios
- Added new scaled torque control scheme to the Android (#150)
Initial public release.